Give New Life to Your Old Furniture
Do you have a historic piece of furniture, cherished family heirloom, or quality piece of furniture you would like to preserve? Our craftsmen have many years of experience restoring all types of upholstered furniture back to their full beauty and usefulness.
We no longer do repairs or give estimates on furniture purchased from the big box stores in the last 5-10 years. I know that sounds a little snooty but we have found that a customer can go and buy a new replacement cheaper than what we can upholster it for. Why is that? One reason is we can’t compete with the labor prices paid to workers in other countries. So if your old sofa, chair, or loveseat looks like it’s on its last legs (no pun intended), don’t be too quick to send it to the landfill. Resourceful consumers are discovering that many older pieces have better construction than new furniture available today. It’s in the frame. Generally, furniture that is 15-20 years or older has hardwood frames and the joints are secured with dowels and special glues. Look at it this way, if your old furniture frame has stood up to daily use for 15-20 years, it’s probably good or it wouldn’t have lasted this long. Good frames don’t wear out. The frame is the foundation. We work from the frame up… much the same way the custom furniture maker does. If your piece has a good frame and we reupholster it using a quality fabric and modern foundation materials, the result will be a custom piece that will be of better quality than what you can purchase today and last much longer.
Thanks for recommending the re-stuffing of my sofa cushions. I thought the sofa needed to be completely reupholstered. I appreciate your honesty. You could have just as easily recommended I have it upholstered. Instead I followed your advice and stayed within my budget. The best thing is I’m no longer embarrassed when guest sit on (not in it) my sofa.”
Another significant advantage of reupholstering is a large fabric selection. Your selection will not be limited to just a few choices that most furniture stores have available. We have 1000’s of top quality fabric, leather and vinyl samples in our showroom.
So, if you have a lumpy old sofa or a frayed arm chair that’s beginning to shed its stuffing, take another look before discarding it. Also, many grand old pieces are found at estate sales, auctions and garage sales. These diamonds-in-the-rough are sold for just a few dollars. They can be refurbished into a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, quality pieces of furniture. We’re not saying that this is the least expensive way to get good furniture, but if you take a quality piece to begin with to an expert craftsman you will get quality furniture in return.
We guarantee our custom quality workmanship and attention to detail including:
- Frame integrity inspection; re-gluing and repairs
- Removal of all old padding material (source of allergens)
- New hypoallergenic foundation materials installed
- Finished portions of frame cleaned and touched up
- 8 way hand ties are performed on all seat coil springs
- Fabric patterns matched (floral, designs and stripes) on all parts of furniture
- Welt (piping) cut on the bias
- Perfect fit of cushions covered in Dacron wrap
- Exact skirt alignment and positioning when present
Custom Residential Fabrications and Repairs Include:
- Replacement of foam cushion inserts
- Throw pillows of all sizes made
- Outdoor furniture cushion replacements
- Upholstered headboards
- Window seat cushions
- Ottomans and foot stools
- Bar stools
- Cornice boards
- Dinning chair cushions replaced or upholstered
- Chair re-gluing and repair
- Leather furniture repair and refurbishing
- Pet damage
- Insurance estimates
Do you have a historic piece of furniture or cherished family heirloom you would like to preserve? Our craftsmen have many years of experience restoring antique furniture. They can restore your piece to its original beauty without compromising the historic value. In the restoration process, we use traditional techniques and historically correct materials such as tacks, jute webbing, burlap, latex covered hair and cotton. We can refurbish the damaged fine wood frame to the correct finish by cleaning and applying a French polish, or if necessary, stripping the old finish and applying a new one.
- We have many traditional and period fabric samples in our showroom to complete antique restorations.
- Because we want our clients to understand the restoration process, we have designed an inspection form that has all the areas that must be examined when we inspect your furniture. After the inspection, with this form in hand, we then can explain what steps are necessary to restore your valued piece of furniture and give you a close estimate of the cost.
- You can depend on our meticulous attention to detail and old world craftsmanship to restore your antique upholstered furniture to its original beauty.
I still have a hard time believing that the beautiful sofa I now have in my living room was carried into you shop in pieces. As we stood there looking at that dilapidated mess, you explained step by step what needed to be done to refurbish it. Because of your precise explanation, I was able to see that the sofa could be resurrected. So here I sit, admiring the beautifully reconstructed piece of my families’ history. We thank you for the expert craftsmanship and obvious attention to detail that went into bringing this piece back to life.”
Repair Your Leather Items
Our craftsmen can repair most damaged leather furniture and car seats. We can also repair ripped seams and zippers on upholstered items. If a leather article i.e. belt, reins, bridle, knife sheaths, etc. is damaged beyond repair, we can design and create a new one to meet your specifications.
All types of leathers are available including exotics. If you’re looking for custom crafted leather pants, chaps and or belts, our talented craftsmen can create them for you.
Leather Repair Services
- Auto seats
- Cushion seams and zippers repairs
- Custom fabrication of belts, chaps, vests
- Repair of leather garments, belts, chaps
- Sewing on badges, logos to leather garments